Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Why I am Lucky

Both of my daughters had colds last week.  P's nose was running like a faucet and A still has a cough.  And this morning, I woke up with a head cold.  My head feels like it is filled with sand and my body feels like it is walking through water.

My daughters are wonderful and they didn't mind cuddling in bed with me, watching TV most of the day.  And for a little while, they even went to the playroom and played while I read and dozed off.

A has dance class on Tuesday (today).  So, I called my mother and she said that she would take her.  She was very excited.  As were the girls, as they ran out the door and I had to call them back to give me a kiss.

I have been very excited for Bruce Springsteen's latest album "Devils & Dust" which was released today.  But, with the way I was feeling this morning, I forgot all about it.  Until my husband called at 11am and said, "Did you get it?  How is it??"  And I was like, "What? Huh?  Did you send me an e-mail?"  And he was like, "What's wrong?"  I told him that I felt like crap and he said that he would pick up the album for me!

He is bringing home Thai food for dinner so that I do not have to cook, and I am going back to bed!