Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

In recent years, I have felt like Halloween was a chore.  Along with all of the carpooling, homework, studying, extracurricular activities and school projects we did, we needed to find time for making a costume, buying candy, decorating, volunteering and attending school functions and trick or treating.  Add to this that the girls costumes had to be "cool".

This year, I probably have more on my plate with homeschooling, but I don't feel as overwhelmed.  Odd, I know.  I feel more relaxed.  We had time to decorate together, we even made some decorations!  The girls planned out and helped make their costumes.  And we went trick or treating in our neighborhood with some homeschool friends, then went back to their house to hang out and the girls were invited to sleep over!

Add to that probably the most candy we have ever had and a lot of fun conversations as we traversed the neighborhood...and you end up with a REALLY fun Halloween!