Monday, June 20, 2011

An Eclectic Approach to Homeschooling

Today is my day to post on which homeschool method we use over at Three Thinking Mothers!

Please join me over there to discuss which method(s) your family has chosen or, if you are new to this, feel free to ask any questions you may have on different educational styles

I was fortunate enough to meet
Susan Wise Bauer at Book Expo
and made a complete fool of myself
gushing over how her curriculum
changed our lives! 
Our children were in public school up until last year, and one of the reasons that we removed them was because we didn't feel they were getting a firm educational foundation.   As we gradually got more and more into Classical education and saw how it worked for our family, I became more convinced that Classical education made sense for us.  Learning for mastery and setting a firm foundation in the first four years of education makes sense to me.  I have seen with my older daughter, the start of the Logic stage: the beginning of asking abstract questions and the desire to dig deeper.  It makes sense that this can only be done when the foundation is firmly set.  I am confident that by utilizing this method, once my girls have their foundation, they will then be able to come to original, innovative thought in the Rhetoric stage at the high school level...read more over at Three Thinking Mothers...



Which educational method(s) did you choose?
Did you always use that method?
What made you pick that method(s)?


For more information on choosing a homeschool method,





Photobucket