Wednesday, June 15, 2011

School to Home: Transition to a New Lifestyle

I am blogging over at Three Thinking Mothers today, I hope you will join us!

The best advice I got when we were thinking about homeschooling was: Join a local Yahoo homeschool group!

When my girls were small, before they ever started school, I seriously considered homeschooling.  I loved working with them.  I loved being with them.  I loved taking them places.  I loved exposing them to new things.  But, in the end, we decided to send them to school for many reasons, one of which was because our oldest is a very social child and we thought that was best for her.
P on her first day of pre-school.
A and I on her first day of kindergarten.
When my girls were in school, we did what we called "Lessons with Mommy" in the summer.  Our school system didn't use Phonics, and I am a big believer in Phonics.  So, I purchased MCP (Plaid) Phonics books, the corresponding Spelling Workout and the MCP Math ... read more...