Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Summer Re-cap



I know that many of you are already in fall-mode.

But here in New Jersey, we homeschoolers are holding on to summer just as long as we can!

I really enjoyed reading everyone's summer-in-review posts last month
and I wanted to put one together myself!

Please bear with me, as I recall our fabulous, wonderful summer of 2011~

Botany study

Black Bean Brownies

 A day spent at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Grimaldi's for dinner and a walk around the Promenade.

The Fourth of July Boat Parade at the lake :)

Meeting other homeschoolers at the lake :)
Hanging with the Teachable Moments gang!
Learning History through our Fashion unit study

A making her own duvet cover!

Fun times

with Awesome friends

at the lake!!!  Can't wait to be able to do it again next year!!!!!!!

Water-tubing

Brewery tours

Double fisting it on said brewery tour!
and turtles laying eggs in our fire pit

Tennis lessons

Fun with friends :)

Niagara Falls

Going under the falls

More Botany study

Girls who cook for their family...

Days at the beach



Glass Blowing

Celebrating Jason's 40th at the beach!

Vacation Bible School

A Hurricane

More fun with friends


Days spent beside our neighbor's pool!

And days spent at our Swim Club, where the girls play with friends and the hubs & I relive our youth!

I think we wrung every possible bit of awesomeness out of this summer!