Wednesday, October 19, 2011

If mama ain't happy...


...ain't nobody happy ;-)

by Theresa

This week our topic here at Three Thinking Mothers is 'taking time for ourselves'.  As women, mothers and wives, I think we all tend to feel guilty at times when we are not doing something for our family.  But I think it is so important for us emotionally, spiritually and psychologically to acknowledge that we are not just Mommy-Wife machines, but that we are people with our own needs and desires.  I have heard it said and indeed I believe it to be true, when we take time for ourselves we actually have more to give to our families because we are refreshed, relaxed and rejuvenated; we are happier and healthier.

It's a good idea to decide on just  a few manageable things that you can do for yourself every day.  Things that you can easily fit in, that will make you feel more relaxed and at peace.

I have decided on three things that I try to do for myself every day:

click on over to Three Thinking Mothers to read more :)