Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When I Don't Feel Like Cooking

If you have been around here for a little while,
you probably realize that I like to cook
and
that my husband LOVES to cook.

But, some nights we don't feel like it.
There are nights when the girls have youth group and choir or drawing club or music lessons
and we just don't have time to cook.

Sometimes we do Chinese or Thai
(we seldom do pizza since we only really like the pizza in NYC)
Oftentimes,
we go to
Baja Fresh.
(I am not making any money on this, our family just really loves Baja Fresh!)


This is really going to sound like an advertisement, but I swear it's not.
I just love Baja Fresh.
THIS MUCH!

There are no freezers,
no can openers
& NO microwaves at Baja Fresh.

The food is not processed.
It is prepared RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.
See the plexiglass behind P?
You can see the ENTIRE kitchen and everything they are doing back there!
You can watch them cook your food!


We all have our faves.
For me it is the Baja Burrito with Steak.
But sometimes I get fajitas or fish tacos or shrimp tacos or tortilla soup & the mango chipotle salad.


P loves the quesadilla with chicken on the side.
And, of course, a churro for dessert :)

 A always gets the taquitos.


Now let me tell you about one of the bestest things about Baja Fresh.
The SALSA BAR.

There are no less than 6 kinds of salsa,
2 each of hot, medium and mild.
When you order, they give you some chips and we hit the bar!


The hubs is from Southern California and has said that Baja Fresh ROCKS!


My favorite salsa is the Baja salsa
which is roasted tomatillos and peppers and cilantro. YUM!


But my favorite thing about the salsa bar is these peppers.
I don't want to tell you how many of these I eat when we go there.
Let's just say that I really like hot peppers
and these have the perfect touch of saltiness.
IF you know what kind of peppers these are,
please let me know and you will be my hero!


Also,
I DID give up Diet Coke several years ago.
It was hard, believe me.
I loved my Diet Coke,
but as it is mostly chemicals...well, anyway...
HOWEVER,
when we go to Baja Fresh I always get diet Coke and I triple heart plus that it is Caffeine Free
AND
there is a big bowl of cut limes near the soda.
Because lime and Diet Coke is like AWESOME!