Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday -3

1.  I am so thankful that we live near New York City and have access to so many of the awesome resources there.


2.  I am very thankful that we got to spend a wonderful day at the Metropolitan  Museum of Art.

3.  I am thankful for my Uncle's vast knowledge of art and that he was able to give my girls a very informative tour of several wings of the museum.

4.  I am thankful for the relationship that my girls have with my aunt and uncle.  I am thankful that we had a great dinner at my aunt's house last weekend.

5.  I am thankful for my seriously awesome, amazing family.



6.  I am thankful that NaBloPoMo is almost over, because honestly, nothing zaps my creativity like knowing I have to post every.single.day.  I have thought about discontinuing, but I decided that I want to see it through....just to know I did.

7.  I am thankful that when I feel anxious, hearing my husband's voice, talking to him calms me down.

8.  I suffer from anxiety attacks.  They are seeming to be hormonally related (as in: monthly).  Thank heavens it's not something that happens every day.

9.  I am thankful for the reassurance from our financial advisor that we are on the right track.

10.  I am thankful that my husband has a good job.

11.  I am thankful that it is looking as though our roof is not as bad as we thought.  All of the roofers said the roof is fine, but sustained some damage from Hurricane Irene.  BUT they don't ever send the estimate.  They don't return the calls. We think it's just not that big of a job for them...and they don't want to be bothered.  We are homeschoolers and DIY Warriors, we are figuring it out!  The rain yesterday helped us isolate the problem from the inside, now to figure it out from the outside!

12.  I am thankful for Thanksgiving-- I am looking forward to spending time with our family!

13.  I am thankful that things are going GREAT between my brother and sister-in-law and us.  We have had our ups and downs (don't all families?)  But the last several months have been great and we have the relationship we had dreamed of!

14.  I am thankful for my friend, Kate, who is not only loaning me 2 tables for Thanksgiving, she offered to bring them to me because they won't fit in my Prius!

15.  I am UBER Thankful that my girls are taking art classes at my alma mater.  I LOVE being on campus again.  I love the free wifi in the lounge/library/cafe.
16.  And I am thankful for a crock pot of Black Beans to eat with rice for dinner after said art classes.  YUM!  Rice and beans are seriously one of my favorite comfort goods EVERRR!

I am THANKFUL for my 
LIFE!