Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Valentine's Edition

I am thankful for...

a mild winter

Jason taking this week off - with no agenda but what we feel like each day!

being able to take a week off from "school" to go to museums, Indian restaurants, Ethiopian restaurants, Manhattan, Philadelphia,  create art with our family, bake a cake together...hmmm...don't tell anyone, but I think learning may have happened on our "week off" ;-)

the fact that even after 15 years of marriage and 18 years together, I still enjoy spending time with my husband!

my girls willingness desire to try food from different cultures & how much we always enjoy this as a family!

girls who got up in the middle of the night to surprise us with Valentine decorations in the morning

our new Tempur-pedic mattress

Cook's Illustrated & the Hubinator's obsession with it
The Hubintaor making us a Wicked Boston Cream Pie for Valentine's Day supper!

surprising my husband with a new Nikkor 35 mm lens

a super cool local museum
having time to take advantage of our museum membership there
the art classes that my girls take at the super cool museum and how comfortable they feel there
the fact that my girls told me that art can change how you feel and that they have favorite pieces at this museum that they like to spend time with

artists that make us think about our world and our life and what influences us

time spent creating art in various setting with my family this week!

down comforters & pillows
good books
wool socks

living less than 90 minutes from both Philly and New York
(you can see the Freedom Tower - part of the WTC Memorial - in the left hand side; both buildings with cranes on top are part of the Memorial)

visiting both New York and Philly this week with the family

our Prius especially when gas prices seem to be going up again!

plans to hang out with Susan this spring and summer!

the time spent with our family watching The Waltons every evening

the time spent reading my girls Bible stories every evening

the Hubinator's amazing Home Fries (another Cook's Illustrated recipe!)

time spent with my family

a week spent with nothing to do...but whatever we felt like doing when we felt like doing it!

What are you thankful for?
Grab a button and link up!