Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday - the 40th Birthday Edition

I am thankful for turning 40
for having my health
for having my girls
for my wonderful husband
for my fabulous family.

I am thankful to have had parents who didn't always let me get my way,
 but who were always there for me.

I am thankful to have an uncle and an aunt who always took me to great places like museums and Broadway shows and Serendipity's for lunch.

I am thankful for the relationship I got to have with both of my grandmothers
and my Grandpa.

I am thankful that my brother and I still share a crazy sense of humor.

I am thankful that I came from the kind of family that always stuck together.

I am thankful to have that family's support - even if they don't always understand why I want to do something!

This may seem strange, but I am thankful that I had a cold/flu this week because it meant that I let the dishes pile up in the sink, the crumbs stay on the counter and the laundry overflow in the hamper
while I lay in bed, completely absorbed in a novel!
That, my friends, is pure bliss for me!

I am thankful that I have the kind of husband who doesn't really care if beds go unmade and living rooms go un-vaccumed and dinners come out of a can {when I am sick}

I am thankful for a husband who was actually quite overjoyed with this dinner one night :)

What are you thankful for?
Please link up your posts below!