Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Celebrating Motherhood Edition

1.  I am thankful to all of the bloggers who are participating in Celebrating Motherhood Blog Event!  I really hope that we can encourage mothers and help them to feel appreciated and extend grace to themselves!

2.  I am thankful for having our vacation all shored up and booked!  I am also very thankful that we have the funds to be able to have a vacation!

3.  I am thankful to my husband who works hard so that we can have a good life!

4.  I am thankful for the prospect of meeting with a blogger with whom I have been emailing back and forth for at least a year!! 

5.  I am thankful that Allie assigned herself math work this week.  She said that she thought she needed more work with percents and figuring out tax.

6.  I am thankful for the homeschool neighbor dad and how committed we all are to helping our girls to work out their differences, value their friendship and work together.

7.  I am thankful to be feeling better!  I was not feeling well for awhile, went to the doctor...but, thankfully, I am feeling MUCH better now!

8.  I am thankful for my MOM and how she listens to all of my crazy ailments with concern no matter how graphic I get!  It also helps that she was a nurse and is not uncomfortable with these health issue conversations.

9.  I am thankful for my girls and their good health. 

10.  I am thankful that my family has agreed to cancel cable.  We are dropping off the box today and officially canceling it.  When we started homeschooling, I did not want to be one of 'those' families...but we have just found other things to do with our time that we enjoy more than TV...and we always have DVDs and Roku and Netflix and Youtube and Hulu...should the mood/need strike us...

11.  I am very thankful for our little homeschool group and the enthusiasm with which everyone has embraced Allie's Mother-Daughter Book Club idea.  We are headed to a friend's home today to discuss our most recent book and figure out what our next book will be!  My girls get SO much from the reading and preparation for the discussions--they are reading and jotting down notes for discussion and questions to ask the group.  They also had a lot of fun making little petits fours to bring with us today!

12.  I am thankful to all of the bloggers who remind me how important it is to be present and to live in the moment and to enjoy my girls at this age right now and savor every moment!