Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thankful Thursday - the Mother's Day/Spring Edition

Things have been a little challenging around here, but as Susan pointed out, focusing on gratitude helps A LOT.

This week I am thankful for all of the bloggers who commented and sent me emails, tweets and direct messages of support and encouragement.  I am very blessed to have such an awesome, supportive community and to call you all friends!

I am also thankful for:
an awesome family day on Sunday

Beautiful waterfalls

stunning flowers

a husband who is fine with wine & cheese for dinner


My mom always told me that "along with sunshine there needs to be a little rain sometimes"...and that it's the rain that helps us appreciate the sunshine.
Through the rain these past weeks, I saw who my real friends are and how blessed I am to have such an awesome support system!

I am so grateful to be feeling better and to NOT need surgery!!

Although I am still concerned about my Grandma, I am thankful that next week is the last week of programs at the library; although things continue to be confusing and challenging with Jason's family, I am grateful that Jason and I continue to talk openly from our hearts about our feelings.

I am also thankful for...
fresh peaches :)
my mom & our conversations

some great homeschool discussions with the girls & connections they are making
learning about the immune system in science the day before we learned about The Black Plague in history! 

finding time for yoga or a walk every.single.day
when I am feeling overwhelmed, exercise really helps me get back on track!
I am grateful that I have time for it and make time for it.

good books to read
winning Talysa's Lisa Leonard giveaway!

a husband who works really hard to provide a great life for us
a vacation to plan and look forward to!