Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Old Friends & Being Part of History

This link-up is for anyone from any walk of life that wishes to focus on thankfulness.
Posts that do not pertain to thankfulness will be deleted from the link-up at the host's discretion.

*  *  *

This week, I am thankful for:

my uncle beginning his second round of chemo today

a wonderful opportunity for our family to be part of history
(I will be posting about this soon!)

old friends
As I have said before, my husband is a blue collar guy.
Most of his friends are blue collar guys.  I love that we can have work done by people we KNOW & TRUST.  That gives me peace of mind.  We had some routine maintenance done on Jason's car by a friend of his...when your friends help you out like this it means that dropping your car off and picking your car up becomes a social event.  I love that.  Although this friend lives nearby, unfortunately life just gets so busy sometimes and we don't see them enough.
But I must say, it was so comforting to see that the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Hanging out with this old friend was like old times.
It reminded me of who we were...who we STILL ARE.

new friends
last Friday one of my homeschool mom friends had some moms over while her husband took her kids camping.  It was just a small group but it gave us the opportunity to have some really personal conversations that we probably would not have had in a larger group and it really made us all much closer.  SO thankful for that!  

getting up early again
I had gotten in a bad habit of waking up embarrassingly late and that just threw our whole day off;
thankfully, I am getting up early again

doing yoga again
when I was getting up late, I wasn't making time for yoga and it's so important for me...helps me feel centered and balanced and just...at ease

NYC pizza
I have come to the realization that I don't really like any other kind of pizza.
John's on Bleecker in Manhattan and Grimaldi's in Brooklyn are really it for me--no one else does it as good!

starting to talk/think about getting a puppy

Allie's job as a Tutor/Mother's Helper
This year Allie helps my friend out by tutoring her second grade daughter.  
This has been so rewarding for Allie--she loves it!  

Allie's art class
It's funny...I have given this a lot of thought this week...when my girls did dance, gymnastics, soccer, softball, piano...I really never looked forward to taking them and I worried that was why they never seemed to like it.  Now I am thinking that maybe because they didn't really like it, I dreaded taking them/questioned the money and time we were spending.  But now that they have found things they LOVE, I look forward to taking them and don't mind spending the money.

Piper's Children's Choir
I was unprepared for all of the opportunities offered to children in this choir.  I am so thankful that Piper was accepted!!

What are you thankful for this week?
Grab a button and link up!