Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday - A Little Late

I have had almost no desire to blog lately.  It may be because our schedule is out of control busy this term and when I get a moment to breathe, I just want to curl up with a good book and not have to do anything.  But, at the same time, I really want to connect with the many awesome people I have met through blogging.  When I used to write a Thankful Thursday post it used to really help me to see all of the many things I took for granted but should really be grateful for...and I am thinking it's a good way to exercise this blogging muscle ;-)

*     *     *     *

I am thankful for:

my father-in-law came through his operations well this week!

a fun Valentine craft and party at the home of new friends!

doing yoga at home
years ago, when the girls were little and our schedule was much more open, I would go to a wonderful yoga studio.
But at this point in our lives, I can't add one more thing to my schedule.
I am so, so grateful that I can get a great yoga routine in at home that leaves me feeling centered and balanced and reflective.
I love that I can practice yoga at 7:12 am if that is a good time for me or 3:43pm if that is when we finish school or at 10:09pm if that is the only time I have that day and I am not tied to a studio's schedule.

I am thankful for a little essential oil to sprinkle on my yoga mat,
with every downward dog and cobra, I get a little aromatherapy :)

I am thankful for Downton Abbey
I look forward to it all week.

I am thankful for Netflix having My So Called Life and Family Ties,
Allie and I watch these together often,
it's a special time and often leads to great conversations <3

I am thankful for great books & great authors--
I just discovered Chris Bohjalian and I can not get enough of his books!
All I want to do is read!!!

I am thankful that Jason gets to go away this weekend with some friends,
the girls and I are not interested in skiing and snowboarding,
but fortunately Jason has friends who are that he can go away with for a weekend!

I am looking forward to a girls' weekend with my girls--
pedicures, chick flicks, a Valentine's tea party with friends

Our budget was slashed DRAMATICALLY at the library this year.
The last few years we have gotten a big cut and we hold our breath to see what our boss will do.
We are now hopefully at the bottom of the barrel and they can't cut us anymore.
This will likely mean a cut in hours for me, as my workload has been cut in half because our materials budget was cut in half....
on the one hand, it's a reduction in pay & pension, which stinks;
on the other hand, I will have more time to do things with the girls, which is good!

Linking up with Lisa for