Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Coming Alive

Piper was born in the spring 11 years ago.  I remember so vividly, one day when she was a few weeks old, I suddenly had this motivation to make a list of things I wanted to do, I was inspired to plan her christening, I was energized for my life and what lay ahead. I was not aware of having been depressed, but suddenly I felt ALIVE.
Longwood Gardens

I have noticed this every spring since then.

I don't go into a depression in winter, it's more of a hunkering down, a burrowing in, I want bowls of stew and crusty bread, good books and Tazo tea.  I want to hibernate.  Hole up.  Then in spring, I want to make salads and clean my house and declutter and plan cookouts and redecorate and I feel energized and alive.

Anybody with me on this?

This is where I am right now.  Feeling energized.  Don't get me wrong, I love burrowing under my down comforter at 7pm with a good book and a cup of tea all winter.  That is the height of luxury to me!  But now, suddenly, I want something different, something with more energy...I am so thankful for new seasons of life, feeling renewed and energized.
Longwood Gardens

I've gone through a blogging lull.  Maybe it was all the difficulties of last summer and autumn, the emotional toll it took on our family...I really wanted to keep a lot "close to the vest"...it was too raw to share on a blog...I am thankful if you've stuck with me through this.

Then there is my obsession with Instagram.  I started snapping pics "in the moment" and stopped using my DSLR camera. The IG photos did not inspire me to blog...I realized that I had not used my DSLR camera when my friend encouraged me to write a this post.  I am so thankful for this friend and her encouragement.

Allie is getting her braces on on Monday.  I am so grateful that we have found an orthodontist who has done so much for her.

I took off next week from work so that I can be at Allie's beck and call, should she be in pain with her braces or plan things to keep her mind off of it.  I am so glad it is ONLY braces we are dealing with.  It could be so much worse.  I am grateful to have a job that understands and is flexible.  

It just worked out that Allie is almost done with Zeta in Math U See and the last three chapters are easy breezy geometry review and Allie has been able to breeze through them because she understood the material...if she takes the Unit Test and Final Exam she can be done with Zeta and we can take a break from math!  I am so grateful that it just worked out this way!  The girls also are almost done with Level 1 in Spanish, another good time to take a break...


Linking up with