Thursday, August 15, 2013

Menu for Two Weeks

I try to only grocery shop every two weeks.  Between working part-time, homeschooling and all of our activities, I just don't have the time to go grocery shopping every week.  I go to Costco once a week for organic milk and eggs, although we recently found a local organic farm that delivers their own eggs and milk from an organic dairy and we are considering signing up for that--it's a bit pricier, but the time it will save may make it all work out.

Every two weeks I consider what we are getting from our CSA, what we have on hand that we have not cooked, what I pinned and family favorite recipes and come up with a two week menu.  Normally, I post the titles of the recipes on a blackboard in my kitchen, but then I have to search Pinterest or Google or cookbooks for recipes, so it may just be easier (however boring for readers possibly) to post them here.  As I make up the menu, I make up my grocery list and a separate list for the Farmer's market.

Saturday- Steak (for jason and girls-I don't eat meat), Twice-Baked potatoes, bleu-cheese tomato salad
and arugula, prosciutto, goat cheese (no prosciutto on mine) and fig/ artichoke green bean potato salad
Monday - White bean and spinach ravioli, salad, bread
Tuesday - Vegetarian Taco Salad
Wednesday - Eggs Florentine with sundried tomato pesto
Thursday - Barley Black Bean Burgers/ Quinoa Pilaf
Friday - Hoppin' John
Saturday - Bonfire Potluck - Lentil Salad or Watermelon Prosciutto & Fig salad
Sunday - Wild Mushroom & Spinach Lasagna
Monday - Main Course Spinach & Chick Pea Salad, nice bread from bakery
Tuesday - Fish tacos with pineapple salsa
Wednesday - Dragon Noodles, stir fry veggies with crispy tofu
Thursday - Roasted Portobello and Artichoke Panini
Friday - Greek mac and cheese