Saturday, February 6, 2010

As I sit here and view these latest pictures as well as glancing at this blog I can't help but wonder if I am doing right by my children. Am I raising them as well as I could. Yes I know that I have given them more opportunity then was given to me and by default have given them a "better" upbringing. But am I doing all I could do? I guess I would have to honestly answer that and admit that there is more that I could be doing. There are times that I say that I am too tired or hot from a long day at work in order to not play house or school or ride the bike with my kids so that I may slouch around and cut off my physical and mental efforts for the day. If I were to observe this from the outside I would say that that person is shallow and disinterested in his children. The fact of the matter is that I am not disinterested in what it is my kids are doing but maybe I am too interested in what is on my mind. Is this shallow and self centered?