Saturday, June 26, 2010

Blogging Buddies

Have you seen the movie "Motherhood"?  Sometimes I feel like that lady.  Something happens in my life and I think: oooh!  I can blog about that!  I have loved to write since I learned how and before that I regaled my family with stories, for hours on end, I am told.  As a child, a blank notebook was my favorite toy, and I have always kept a journal.  So it doesn't seem odd at all to write about every little minute thing.

A has begun blogging.  She read a few posts by a friend, who is also ten and who just started a blog and she asked if she could have one.  Right now we have it set so that only people that we invite can read the blog.  Her friend's mom has it set differently, still with a lot of limitations, and I am thinking I may like that way better.  We have to see.

I think blogging will be a great way for A to get in some writing over the summer.  Like me, she is always filling notebooks (we stock up when they are $.10 a piece just before school starts) and I don't always know what to do with all of them.  I am hoping that this will take the place of some of that paper and also teach her some typing.  Her stories are more fiction than non-fiction, so it should be interesting :)