Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Scared

I can only wonder what my mother must have thought about while I was out and about riding my bike, playing with my friends or just away from home while I was growing up. As I write this I have to sit in the dining room table so that I may see outside because my kids are out riding their bikes. I cannot think about starting any kind of project, concentrate on a book or much else. It is a wonder that I am able to blog about this 'cause their outside and I am inside. I am a nervous wreck while the kids are outside. Oh the stress. I don't want to be overprotective or overbearing but they are my everything. I hope that nothing bad ever happens to them. Maybe I will send them outside covered with bubble wrap and multiple tracking devices embedded in their cute little arms. Okay that is bit much but I am sure you get the point.
I would like to hope that my mother had similar concerns, she didn't seem to show it nor did I know about it. If she only new half of what I did she may have had gray hair by the time she turned 30. But come to think about it she always did dye her hair on a regular basis. Maybe she was as concerned for me as I am concerned for my kids.
J.