Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How cool is that!

I could easily spend hours, the whole day even on the internet reading blogs, researching things, emailing, tweeting, facebooking...and I have!  But we have things to do, people to see, places to go....  So I made a lesson plan of sorts for our Unit Study on Colonial Life and I make sure to get my housework done BEFORE I get on the internet.  And then I really try to discipline myself to check emails, facebook, latest blog posts and then do a little research on curriculum and our vacation plans (those are the current two things that I research).


Today, while I was doing my research, I discovered that our local community college offers very inexpensive classes for kids ages 8-11 such as keyboarding, storytelling, magic, nature and art classes; there is an even wider variety including web page design, genealogy, photography and how to write your own video game for 11-14 year olds!

How cool is that!