Monday, July 19, 2010

KOJ

It's amazing the paths that life takes you on and then you end up sort of right where you started.  At least that is how it has been for me.  I couldn't wait to get the heck out of this area when I was younger.  And I moved away for ten years, living in the South, in Vermont and in Connecticut.  But I ended up right back where I started.  About 15 minutes from my parents' house.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, as I have the chance to reconnect with old friends.  We are planning an informal reunion at a bar in town this Friday and my 20 year high school reunion is this autumn.

I love hanging out with people who knew me before I was married, before kids and careers and mortgages.  There are so many blanks that just don't need to be filled in and there are so many wonderful memories about a time gone by.  I may never be that carefree girl again, but I have friends who remember me when :)

Last week, one of my best friends and her daughter came and spent the afternoon with the girls and I.

The girls were treated to stories about when we were young.


And we had a lot of fun reminiscing :)



I treasure your friendship, KOJ :)
I am so glad that you are back in my life :)