Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bran Muffins

I eat a relatively healthy diet, but sometimes I decide that I can be even healthier and I buy things like bran flakes and flax seed and all of that other healthy stuff. And after a few days I decide that I really don't enjoy eating some of that stuff and then it sits and gets stale.

I had bought bran flakes and then decided that they were really not what I wanted to eat for breakfast.  So, I decided to make Bran Cereal Muffins.

First, mash up two bananas.  I found it helpful to sing, "Mash Banana, Mash Banana" like the Wiggles while mashing the bananas :)
Then measure 1 1/2 cups of Bran cereal


Add the cereal and 1 cup of milk to the mash banana, mash banana
at this point it looks like breakfast :)


But then you add three eggs and a 1/4 cup oil...


Then you add 1 1/2 cups of flour, 2 tsp of baking powder and 1/4 tsp. baking soda
and it looks like you are baking muffins :)


I LOVE Pampered Chef :)  Love it!  I used their stoneware muffin pan and sprayed it down with the oil spritzer thing. The oil spritzer thing is awesome.  It's like Pam or cooking spray, but without the chemicals.  We keep one filled with canola and another with olive oil and spray our pans with that.  (Also, most cookware manufacturer's warn that the chemicals in the cooking sprays leave an impossible to get off film that eventually erodes the pan; using the oil spritzer is a great solution :-))


the oil spritzer comes with this handy dandy pumper thing that you can buy refills of from your Pampered Chef consultant (and, no, I don't sell their products).


Bake the muffins for 25 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven.  
And ENJOY!