Saturday, October 2, 2010

Let's Play Tag!

I was "tagged" in a game of blog tag by Elaine over at Our Crazy Life.  I love to read Elaine's blog and hear about her adventures homeschooling her boys and her boys' adventures.   They are such a sweet family.

1.  Do you have a favorite candle that you like to burn?  If so, what is the scent and where did you get it? (Not because I might run out and get one for myself or anything like that!)

From where I am sitting right now, I can enjoy the fragrance of Yankee Candle Autumn Splendor potpourri.  I also recently bought Yankee Candle Apple Cider and I LOVE that too!  I am a HUGE  Yankee Candle fan!!  I love burning candles that smell like the season!  I can't walk past the Yankee Candle store in the mall...they have great candles and adorable candle holders.

2.  If you are married, how did you meet your spouse?  Was it love at first sight, or did y'all, you know "grow" to love one another?

A mutual friend introduced us, but we were both dating other people at the time.  It took several years before we met and were both free and the *magic* happened ;-)
3.  Since, I love to read - What is the last book that you read that you couldn't wait to tell people about?  In other words, what is the last book that you read that I absolutely have to read?

"Summer People" by Elin Hilderbrand was really, really good.  I read it over the summer.  It's a great summer/beach book because it takes place on Nantucket.  Also, "Belong to Me" by Marisa de los Santos was an excellent book for mothers!
4.  Can you go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink? NO WAY!  Actually, I can't even leave dishes in the sink, they need to be rinsed and put in the dishwasher RIGHT AWAY!  My mom was big on that and now I am too!

5.  Do you have any OCD tendencies that you are willing to confess um, share?

Aside from no dishes in the sink...beds need to be made in the morning, everything needs to be put away before I go to bed.  I absolutely have to pray before every meal (is that OCD?  I have no idea!  But when I go to someone's house that doesn't say grace, I can't take a bite until I do, it just feels wrong).  I always eat corn on the cob from left to right.
6.  What is your favorite vacation spot?  

My parents' have a house on a lake in upstate New York that we love to go to.  It's relaxing and we've made friends with several other families and we get to be with my awesome, wonderful parents!
7.  Do you have a favorite holiday?  If so, what do you do to decorate/celebrate, etc.?


I LOVE Christmas!  I start shopping in the summer so I am done by Thanksgiving.  We decorate the day after Thanksgiving and spend the month of December baking, visiting with friends and enjoying the wonderful activities at our church.  This is our first year of homeschooling and I am already planning to end formal lessons December 3 and spend the month of December reading "Little Women" and learning about traditions in other countries and making crafts and ornaments and baking with my girls :)  

8.  (Totally copying this from Carrie)  What is your favorite fall recipe?

I love this recipe over pasta!  It is so perfect for fall...







Brown Butter Sage Sauce with Pumpkin Seeds and Cranberries
  • 8 tablespoons butter
  • 3 sage leaves, sliced thinly
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 cup pepito seeds (shelled pumpkin seeds)
Melt butter in a large sauté pan. Let the butter cook on a medium-high heat until lightly browned and it gives off a nutty aroma. Add sage leaves and stir to coat the leaves. Add the cranberries and continue stirring for 30 seconds, then add the pepito seeds. Toss and coat well and continue cooking for another 30 seconds. Serve immediately over pasta.


Now I get to write my own 8 questions:

1.  How much time do you spend preparing for your homeschool lessons?
2.  What is your favorite season?
3.  What books are on your nightstand?
4.  What is your favorite book?
5.  What is your favorite movie?
6.  If you were stranded on a desert island what three things would you want with you?
7.  Have you had a moment in your life when you knew without a doubt that God was with you?  What, if anything, would you be willing to share about it?
8.  What is your favorite fall recipe (I am stealing this from Elaine and the woman that tagged her!)

Now to tag some friends:

Jessica @ Teachable Moments
Janet @ Cyber Rhetoric
Kim @ A Few Thoughts...
Rebecca @ Mom's Mustard Seeds
Karen @ Homeschool Girls