Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Break

I love Christmas.

I start shopping in July so I can be done by December.  The crowds sour my mood and ruin the feeling of the season for me.

I spend the weekend after Thanksgiving decorating.

I spend the month of December playing Christmas music and baking and making crafts.

I love the anticipation.  I do something every single day to keep the momentum of excitement going.

One of the reasons that I wanted to homeschool ~ being completely honest here ~ is so that my girls and I could relax and enjoy the month of December together!

One of the things that I have been looking forward to since we made the decision in July, is the month of December.

We will end our lessons on December 3. (We have co-op through the 13th, with a Holiday Performance on the 17th).

After December 3, the girls will do Teaching Textbooks and Christmas copywork in cursive every weekday.  We will read Little Women together and follow the Drawn Into The Heart of Reading chapter and exercises for Historical Fiction.

We will spend the rest of our time baking.

And making crafts!!

We will head into the city to see the decorations.  We have tickets to several Christmas performances.

We've been invited to a few Christmas parties.

I SIMPLY CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!