Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Trees

I love decorating for Christmas.  I love having our house all decked out for Christmas.  I Finally got around to taking some photos of some of our decorations to share on here.

We put up two trees, one in our living room and one in our family room.

Living Room tree
Family Room tree
Years ago we decided to buy souvenir ornaments from everywhere we go.  It focuses us in the gift shop and every year as we decorate the trees, we recall the trips, here are a few of the ornaments we've collected:

Washington, D.C. 2010
National Museum 2010

Disneyworld 2004

Mary Poppins on Broadway 2009

Washington D.C. and Williamsburg, VA 2010
Disneyworld 2006

Jamaica 2006
Jamaica 2006


Nutcracker Ballet 2008



My Naunie made hundreds of these and filled them with Hershey's kisses, they are all over my tree:


My mother-in-law made these as favors for my baby shower when I was pregnant with A:


These ornaments my parents made the first year they were married.  I've always loved them and several years ago, my mom gave them to me.


This is an ornament we had made when A & P were teeny tiny.


 My aunt and uncle and Naunie used to volunteer at this place that worked with underprivileged youth, under my Naunie's guidance, the kids made these ornaments with clothespins.  When I was a little girl these were my absolute favorite ornaments, I have several and I used to play with them like they were dolls.

P loves to dance and take dancing lessons.  When we see ornaments that reflect the girls' interests we usually let them get the ornaments.

Every night while the trees are up, after everyone is asleep, I take a cup of tea and sit in the living room with all the lights off but the tree.  It helps me to unwind and decompress and focus on what really matters this time of year.