Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Our Office

When we finished our basement a few years ago, I wanted an office.  Though for the life of me, I don't know why.  I usually use my laptop and travel all over the house with it.  But, it is a great place for our books and a cozy little ready nook.  And our filing cabinets, which contain useful things like how to put together the crib we no longer own and books for the computer we bought in 1996.

I thought about saying it was my Mom Cave, but I hardly ever even go in there.


Our wedding picture:

I did this in high school,
I know I am hardly an artist,
but I am kind of proud of this:

 I found these lying on the ground in a parking lot EXACTLY like this.
Someone's misfortune has turned into art
(at least in my mind--
the hubs thinks I am cuckoo!)

My Sassy magazines.
I have EVERY issue.
Bought the first one at a newsstand in Times Square.
Jane Pratt, Christina Kelly, Karen Catchpole...
they helped form me into the person I am today!

I love these black & white photos.
SO romantic.
I wonder what that guy looks like now.
The hubs likes to tell me he probably has male pattern baldness & a gut.
Oh well.

The reading nook.
Perfect for Lulu the freaky cat.

My grandmother's uncle was a photographer,
back in the 20's, 30's, 40's...
My grandmother knows Jason & I are into photography...
so she has been kind enough to give us some of his cameras ;-)

These are frames for the girls' artwork.
Perfect size for drawing paper,
which easily slides in & out, 
as the girls are constantly changing what they display.

Those silver boxes contain all of our photos.
From back when we actually had hard copies.
Now we seldom print photos.
So glad so many end up on the ole b-log!

Thanks for letting me feel like this space was not a complete waste in my home--
at least I got a blog post out of it!