Thursday, July 14, 2011

Guest Post: Fun & Free Summer Activities

Today I am guest posting over at Coolest Family on the Block about fun summer activities:

My girls (ages 9 & 11)  were only out of school for a few days when I heard, “Mom, I’m bored!”  

My first reaction was what my mom used to say to me, “Is your closet clean and tidy?  All your clothes hung up?  Are your dresser drawers organized?  Are all of your socks in the same drawer?”

As much as I never wanted to turn into my mom, summer is a great time to teach kids organization and how to clean up after themselves.

Summer is also an opportunity for parents to spend quality time with their kids doing all of those things they wish they had time to do during the year.  It doesn’t have to take a lot of money.  

Here are some fun *free* things you can do with your kids...to read more, click on over to The Coolest Family on the Block... and while you are there, show Jen some love, she really does have some excellent suggestions and ideas for things you can do to give your children many, many awesome memories!