Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Fun: Guest Posting

Homeschooling has enhanced our family
life, as we learn together and go on
field trips that provide wonderful
quality time.


Today I am posting about how I am trying to develop as a homeschool mom and make time for both learning and summer fun over at The Homeschool Village.

This was our first year of homeschooling and like many first year homeschool moms, I did way too much.  Curriculum excited me, so I just kept buying and buying.  Thinking if I bought it, we would work with it and learn from it.  I kept trying to add new and exciting things to our homeschool schedule.  Everyone in America did math, writing, reading, history, science and vocabulary.  We would add Latin and Spanish and Artist Studies and Forensic Science!  It all sounded so cool and so fun.

Except at some point it wasn’t fun and I got very burned out...please read more at The Homeschool Village.

If you are stopping by from The Homeschool Village, please leave me a comment and let me know that you were here.  I love meeting homeschool families and would LOVE to know more about yours!