Friday, October 21, 2011

Quality Time

This week,
well actually last weekend,
our family had the opportunity to spend some uninterrupted quality time together hiking in the woods near our home.

I love when we spend time together,
no matter what we do,
it is is magical.

I am grateful for
having beautiful places to walk and explore with my family.



I am grateful for the beautiful young woman that A is becoming.
I am grateful for our relationship and our conversations.


I am grateful for my shadow ;-)


One of my favorite things this week was that we got our family Christmas card photo DONE!
(and no, this is not it, I am not even posting it on the blog so it's a surprise...let's just say there are HUNDREDS of these...)


I am grateful that P is squishy and {still} lets me squeeze and cuddle her.



I am grateful for having a family that leans on each other.



I am grateful for family outings,
days spent together are always priceless!


I am grateful that through homeschooling
I feel that I have slowed down my girls' childhood 
and allowed them to be children just a bit longer...


I am ever so grateful that my girls adore each other.
This week I asked them to each write a description of their ideal friend...
and they both wrote about each other...



I love our macro lens!
We have a LOT of fun with it!!


I am grateful to be able to capture these family moments and to write about them,
and to have this blog for my family to look back on...


I am grateful that I met this man 19 years ago...


...and that he is the BEST father in the world!


What are you grateful for?
What brought you joy this week?

Link up at

friday favorite things | finding joy