Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday 7


This roof situation has been making me crazy.  Since it gets dark early and the roofers have to come while Jason is at work, I am SO thankful for my dad coming over and meeting with different roofers with me.

I am thankful for two roofers saying that there has been no damage, the problem is not that bad and it can wait til spring, the more optimal time to re-roof.

I am thankful to have a husband that is handy and can fix most things around our home.  Actually, I didn't realize HOW thankful I was for this until we had these roof issues that behoove the hubinator.

I am thankful for a really super fun night with our homeschool friends last Saturday.

I am thankful for the ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS free Farraday Lectures at Rutgers.

I am thankful that we live so close to Rutgers University.  There are SO MANY awesome family educational opportunities on all of the campuses!

I am thankful for my mom coming over last Monday night for Chinese take-out.

I am thankful for my mom coming over last Monday night and watching "The Help" with the girls and I.  (If you have not read the book, I HIGHLY recommend it; if you have not seen the movie--it is really good; of course not as good as the book, but REALLY good all the same!)

I am SUPER DUPER thankful for my mom sewing with my girls each week.  In addition to using the sewing machine, the girls now sew by hand and embroider.  They are so creative and have made so many awesome things.  My mom and I are so proud of them.  I can TOTALLY see A opening an etsy shop one day.

I am thankful for homeschooling.  Our girls get to explore their creativity.  They are not influenced by the masses, but are free to be their own unique, creative person.  I really do believe that school would have limited or confined their creativity and they may have never had the opportunity to reach their full creative potential in school.


I am thankful for Brewmaster's Collections.  Jason and I love craft beer.  I was out shopping and decided to stop in a liquor store - not really near our home, but anyway - they have these fabulous Brewmaster cases of really nice beer (the kind that goes for $5 a bottle) for just $24.  It's a great and inexpensive way to try new craft beer.  Of course, it's a luck of the draw as you can't see everything inside the box.  We got a great box of different IPAs!  Even thought this store is not close to home, we will make the trip since it is such a great deal!

I am thankful that my girls love classic rock.  Audio books in the car don't work for me.  We do "Classic Rock Appreciation" lol.  My girls can tell the difference between Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and the Who; they know all the words to U2 songs and they LOVE the Beatles.  They both put Madonna's entire catalog on their ipods and we listen to it in the car and all sing along.  GOOD TIMES.

I am thankful for the girls' FABULOUS art classes.  They have learned so much this term!  They have improved immensely!