Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Tour of Homes

I love Christmas.
I love the anticipation,
the baking,
the preparations,
the decorating.

Getting our home ready for the holidays is a labor of love for my family.
My girls love when the house is decorated.
My husband says it feels cozy + festive.


I like things simple, but elegant.

There are touches of Christmas throughout our home.


I adore my Spode china.
It's so classic.
We eat dinner on our Spode almost every night in December,
it's just one more way we celebrate the season.



This was my mother-in-law's...
each Christmas after the gifts were opened and everyone went their merry ways,
my mother in law and I would clean up the living room,
then she would light the candles
and we would watch the little men go around and around
and marvel at the design.
It is such a good memory.
I was so happy when my father-in-law gifted me with this last year.
My mother-in-law has been gone for 5 years now, but each Christmas I feel that she is with us.



My husband started our Dept. 56 Dickens Village collection
the year our youngest daughter was born.
He started with a house with a family of four dancing around a Christmas tree.
He adds to the collection every year.
Our plan is to one divide the pieces between our girls so they can each have a Dickens Village in their own homes.


Linking up with