Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday - the Dakota Edition

I am thankful for my husband being off for eleven days, LOTS of family fun.

I am thankful for that dead tree getting taken down last week :)

I am thankful that it has been a relatively mild winter and our roof may just get done sooner rather than later.

I am thankful for my 12 year old spending HOURS and HOURS writing a story.

I am thankful for Bank of America's Museums on Us program.  We will be heading to some museums this weekend for free!

I am thankful for all of you who have followed me over to Red Oak Lane.

and 

I am thankful for

Dakota

When my dad was a young man, he had a boxer named Beauty.
He ADORED that dog.
He cooked her special meals.
When he came home from the Navy, she came in from outside and smelled him in the house and ran around the house looking for him.

When we were kids, we had a lot of different dogs,
but my dad said he was getting a boxer when he retired.

In the summer of 2010,
my parents adopted a boxer pup.
By the fall, she had some health issues and by spring she was having seizures.
At first just one a month...
then 3 or 4 every few days.

This past summer, my dad called me sobbing and told me that they had to put her down.
She had more than 17 seizures in a row, causing a spike in her body temperature which causes brain damage.

My parents gave themselves the fall to get over their loss.

Then they began signing up with Boxer Rescues.

Last Thursday, they picked up this little girl


She is just SO sweet and so gentle.

She is happy in her crate.

She listens and sits, lays down, gives her paw on command.

She is a complete love.

She cries when my dad leaves the house.

She follows him around.

She ADORES my dad.


And he ADORES her.

Yesterday, my mom called me.
When I answered, she said, "God is GOOD!"

After everything my parents went through with Molly,
all of the pain,
God found them THE perfect dog for them.


Little Miss Dakota