Monday, April 30, 2012

Rutgers Day and other Random Musings

1.  We went to Rutgers Day with the homeschool neighbors on Saturday.  It was a hoot.  Seriously.  We love Rutgers Day.  Last year was all about "look at what we can learn" and this year was all "if you major in this you will study this and be able to work doing something like this!"  Last year we focused on the students who were teaching what they learned in class in lieu of a final exam or as a final project.  This year we focused on the different majors and the alumni that were back talking about what their major was and what they were doing now...we had no idea there were so many possibilities!  Lots of food for thought for young girls...

We spent Rutgers Day at Cook, the Ag school.
2.  I think it's ironic that in other parts of the country you have rodeos and county fairs { I've been fortunate to live in those other areas } and here in the Garden State, we do this kind of thing at a University.

3.  I had no idea there was so much to study about animals beyond just veterinary medicine.  There are a lot of options for animal lovers out there :-)



5.  I think this pig has Philip Seymour Hoffman's eyes.  I don't mean that as an insult to Philip Seymour Hoffman, but when I saw this pig's eyes, I thought they looked kind of intelligent.


6.  Of course, these four bffs are planning their Rutgers experience together...I would LOVE to see all of these plans come to fruition.


7.  We are planning a summer vacation and I can not for the life of me decide on which beach house to rent.  Seriously, I am having way more trouble deciding which house to rent for a week than I had deciding which house to buy to live in for the rest of my life.


8.   I have been feeling "under the weather" and have been to my doctor.  I am convinced that I am dying even though my symptoms have only been going on a few days.  I am doing the thing you are not supposed to do and checking my symptoms on the internet--they can really be so many things-but I am convinced they are deadly.  ::sigh:: I hope I am just a hypochondriac!


her expressions sums up my own
8.  I am really, really excited about a special project that starts tomorrow... celebrating motherhood: the joys, the beauty, the work...8 bloggers, 12 days...all writing empowering, appreciative posts about what I like to call "the toughest job you will ever love!"  I hope you will come back tomorrow and check out the first post in the series!!


Linking with
miscellany monday at lowercase letters