Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday - The Father's Day Edition

1.  I am thankful for a nice family day on Sunday spent doing what we wanted to do--hanging out together as a family!
Allie has always been a Daddy's girl;
Jason wanted choice steaks for Father's Day.


2.  I am thankful for my father-in-law's surgery going well and his hospital stay being short.

3.  I am thankful for my father-in-law being in good spirits!

4.  I am thankful for my husband and how hard he works for our family.

5.  I am thankful for what a great husband and father my husband is--nothing is too much to ask of him!

6.  I am thankful for our little homeschool group!  I love this group of ladies!  My kids love their kids!  It's really such an awesome dynamic!  After our friends came over on Wednesday, Allie remarked, "I love our group of friends.  They are just cool people who like books and creative stuff.  I always wanted to be part of a group like that and now we are."
Everyone brings a snack to share.  That's how we do it!  

7.  I am thankful for our Mother-Daughter book club and all of us getting together to learn more about Literary Analysis and help each other figure this out and teach our book-loving kids about it!  I am also thankful that all the girls in our book club talk about what books they want to share with friends and are starting to recommend books to their friends!

8.  I am thankful that the girls and I are done with the curriculum we planned for this year and I think we did a good job with it.

9.  I am thankful for this little break from homeschooling.  Every morning I think: I have to get the girls up, so we can.... and then I remember we are taking a break and I can go out on my deck with a book or my laptop and just BE!

10.  I am also thankful for this break because it is giving me a chance to hone some of my homeschool skills!
We are getting together weekly with our homeschool groups to watch this DVD series and learn more about literary analysis.

11.  I am thankful for my girls love of baking--this week, they baked peanut butter cookies for Jason for Father's Day--I plan to share the recipe soon!

12.  I am thankful for fresh blueberries and blueberry pancakes!  I LOVE blueberry pancakes!

Cook's Illustrated peanut butter cookies have our vote for BEST peanut butter cookie!

13.  I am thankful for Instagram---I am pretty much addicted to it!  I love the visual of what people are doing, where they are, their view...if you are on Instagram...hit a girl up (@redoaklane)...I'll follow you back so I can "see" what you are up to!

14.  I am thankful that we live close to the Atlantic Ocean and will be spending the day at the beach doing an environmental class and some beachcombing -- I am especially thankful because today is a REAL SCORCHER here in the Garden State!