Friday, June 22, 2012

Website Love


The Pioneer Girl Project .  I have been a HUGE Laura Ingalls Wilder fan since I was a little girl.  I watched the television series (I own it all on disc and my girls now love it, too!) and I read all of the books, even the books of letters and essays.  Allie and I have read some biographies about Laura, but I did not realize that so little was actually known about her and that there was this book, that she write, her own autobiography which has not seen the light of day.  The Pioneer Girl Project, in conjunction with the Little House Heritage Trust will be sharing the process of publishing this book over the next 12 months on The Pioneer Girl Project website.  I have it bookmarked ;-)

Cook's Illustrated.com  Jason and I both love to cook.  We have never, ever been steered wrong or made something that didn't absolutely wow us when we used Cook's Illustrated recipes.  We subscribed to the magazine for 10+ years and have dozens of magazines...along with cookbooks.  It's a pain in the behind to sift through all of the magazines to find a recipe or what Cook's rated as the best saute pan or whatever....  One of my friends suggested we subscribe to the website.  Worth every cent!

Kripalu Jason and I had the pleasure of hanging out in the Berkshires at Kripalu last December and it was amazing!  I hate to leave my house can't add anything else to my schedule, so I prefer working out at home when it's convenient for me...7:39, sure let's roll...8:26, let's get a class on...I don't want to wait until 11:00 when my favorite teacher teaches my favorite class...I like yoga websites with lots of options to match my mood...Yogatoday.com is awesome!  Now we found Kripalu.com...and in the left hand side, halfway down are Yoga Classes at Home...LOVE!  I love the free form that Kripalu teachers encourage, doing what your body wants...and they always lead you through an amazing shivasana!