Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday in Instagram

I am ever so grateful and thankful for all of your prayers for my uncle; for your emails and tweets asking how he was doing.

He is doing really well.  He finished chemo Monday night with no side effects.  His doctors were pleased with the results.  We are now praying that his body produces good, healthy white blood cells and bone marrow.

My father-in-law is also doing really well right now.  He goes today to get measured and marked for radiation and will get his treatment plan and begin treatment next week.

This week, I am so, so thankful that my Uncle Tom is doing well and in good spirits.

I am also thankful that Jason's stepfather is doing well and in good spirits.


I am also thankful for:

Mother-Daughter Book Club that meets later today and the resolve which everyone has that we HAVE to meet once a month
if you have not read "When You Reach Me" by Rebecca Stead--I highly recommend it--this was my third time reading it and I loved it AGAIN!
our Mother-Daughter Book Club is gaining popularity and growing--we are welcoming two new members today!

an impromptu sleepover invitation for the bookclub girls!


neighbors who call and say: "no one is using our pool--go use it!"


We are blessed with awesome neighbors!

interesting conversations with my Aunt Ann

good books to read :)



having the courage to say "no" to things in order to simplify my life and focus on the things that really matter to me

Apple Camp--this is our second year and my girls get so much out of it!
i just love the simplicity of the Apple store

my creative girls

Notebooking Success! - I finally bought and downloaded this book and it has been SO helpful and I am so excited to really dig in to notebooking--I think it will work great with my creative girls' learning style!  I almost can't wait to get back from vacation so we can start school!
Loving this!


watermelon 


a husband who taught the girls how they made maps during the Civil War with pacing
Jason followed a Civil War Trust lesson to teach map making


and had the girls map out our deck by pacing


our homeschool neighbors sisters--they have started calling each other sisters and I must say, I am so comfortable with these girls, I think of them as my own! - what a Blessing!
do not ask me what they are doing--they are homeschoolers ;-)
My crazy husband who let the girls color his hair with water and chalk pastels--it was just until he took a shower--but they had fun!  


homeschool neighbor dad and how my girls feel comfortable calling him and asking if his girls can come over and make a movie with them for Apple camp and he went out of his way to get them here to make the movie!