Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday?

Life is very complicated and emotional right now.  My father-in-law seems to have pulled out of his weakness and is regaining strength, but another family member was diagnosed with AML leukemia and will begin very intense chemotherapy today.  PLEASE, PLEASE pray that this person responds well to this treatment.

I don't much feel like counting my blessings.

In fact, I am sitting here thinking: WHY? Why is all this happening?  Why us?  Why me?  Why now?

I am thinking that I REALLY do not want to go away in two weeks.  I want to be close to home to offer support and love and encouragement.  But, selfishly, I also still really want to go to that beach house and just enjoy time with Jason and the girls.

But I am going to try counting my blessings, because I host this link up and...it's what I do and I think it will help.

I am thankful...

for awesome, fun memories
for people who love and accept me no matter what

My Prayer Warriors--you guys are awesome!!  thank you!!

for my brother & niece coming over yesterday
my dorky brother wears his sunglasses like Guy Fieri

that Piper still likes to cuddle with me

that Jason works so hard for our family

that my family is the kind that can have knock-down, drag-out screaming matches, and then forgive each other and move on together in love; we don't stop talking or distance ourselves--we stick together

for fresh fruit and vegetables galore this time of year

for friends that make me laugh

that I have disciplined myself to do Jillian's 30 Day Shred every day this week - I am NOT phoning it in, either!! 

for girls that are creative

for the responsibility Allie has shown with her summer job

that we are able to be there physically and mentally and emotionally for my father-in-law

that over the last 6 years we have developed a MUCH better relationship with my father-in-law

for friends who email and say, "let's meet for dinner" or "Can I take the girls to the beach or the pool?"

for neighbors that call us from their vacation to tell us to use their pool!