Monday, August 13, 2012

Gorgeous, Stunning, Beautiful Charleston

Ok, I don't want to bore you too much with my vacation photos.  But Charleston is seriously beautiful.

Our first full day there, Jason and I grabbed our cameras and ran around the city taking pictures.  It was a Sunday morning, it was early and quiet and not a lot of people were around.  The perfect time to get some great photos!  

Can you say Beautiful, Gorgeous, Stunning?  

Okay, peeps, I am gonna say it: I LOVE Charleston.  Whenever we go somewhere, Jason and I always fantasize about moving there.  Jason looks at branches of his company in the area...we look at real estate....  But Charleston...oh, baby, to think a place that gorgeous is in the United States!  If Jason were to say there was an opening at a branch of his company down there, I would pack my bags faster than you could say, "Bless his heart." ;-)A friend called it mystical.  Another friend, who is well-traveled, has said it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.  I can't wait to go back.

Not only are the homes and buildings beautiful, but there are fountains and they INVITE you to take off your shoes and go in.  I am NOT kidding.  Of course, the girlies had to do it!!

This next collage could be called: My husband is a goon!  Seriously, he meant to do that.  He kept walking by, pretending he didn't see the fountain and having it hit him in the head and the girls and I were in hysterics.  He will do anything to make his girlies laugh!

I have a serious thing for scrollwork.  Wrought iron makes me swoon.  My knees get a little weak at intricate railings.  I was head over heels when I saw that Charleston has no shortage of this.  And pocket gardens?  My heart skipped a beat at each one.  {Love}
the gates of Charleston


Love that The Hubinator and I share a love of photography


pocket garden!

Can these street signs be any cuter?
I love this color
I think I am in love!

I love the Caribbean colors and the palm trees

sipping my chai and walking around Charleston...what a great day!

Details...
Really, when you get all down to it, it's the details; don't you agree?  The little things.  The small touches; geckos and cool street signs, pocket gardens and brick walls with windows, gas lamps, palm trees, topiaries and window boxes.
I can't wait to go back to Charleston!

oh, and
Swings...
where you can sit and relax with your family and look out over the water...so relaxing, so soothing and calming.
swings overlooking the water

swings overlooking the water