Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday - the Vacation Edition


In November 2011, I began counting my blessings once each week in a blog post.  It has transformed my life.

A private home in Savannah, GA
 This week I am thankful for...
a wonderful, relaxing vacation with three of my favorite people in the world

Jason, Piper, me and Allie <3
 I am thankful for our little cottage on Tybee Island in Georgia.
We rented from Mermaid Cottages and could not have been happier.
Usually the cottages do not come with bikes and beach carts, but ours did.
I also got an Educators discount ;-)
We loved the front porch and spent a great deal of time out there.
We also loved the view of live oaks and palm trees.
The house was clean, roomy and very comfortable.
Jason and I wanted to move in!
In fact, he told me NOT to blog about it because he wants to keep the house and island a secret!
It seriously is an amazing place!

 I loved...
that we were able to have both a beach vacation AND a cultural, historic vacation.
Tybee Island is only about twenty minutes from Savannah.
So, we were able to dine at wonderful restaurants like Vic's on the River and walk around the gorgeous city of Savannah.

River Street, Savannah, GA was spared by Sherman after the mayor of Savannah made an agreement with Sherman.

Vic's on the River comes HIGHLY recommended!
steps in Savannah, GA

ornate railing abound in Savannah, Ga

fountain in Forsyth Park

Mercer House, where the murderer in "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" lived

Mercer House from across the street in the square

a home in Savannah, Ga
Please pray...
My uncle was doing really well while we were on vacation and he is doing really well today.
We really appreciate all of your prayers.
I would appreciate if you would continue to pray that his levels stay healthy and increase steadily and that his bone marrow is clean.