Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Springsteen, Tuna & Other Good Stuff!

I am going to be participating in Nester's 31 Days series in October.
Since I will be committed to writing 31 posts on a single topic, I am looking for guest hosts for Thankful Thursday.
If you are interested, email me at redoaklane1 (at) gmail . com
I will take care of organizing so that everyone knows where to link up each week.

This week, I am thankful for...

...when I was 12, I saw my first Springsteen concert.  It changed my life.  I am so thankful that my 12 year old daughter asked me to take her to see him!!
Ready to Rock n' Roll!

...I am thankful to be alive in a time when Bruce Springsteen is making music.  His music speaks to my soul.

...I am thankful to have seen Bruce's last show at Giants Stadium and his first show at Metlife Stadium.

...I am thankful for my girl dancing and singing and even crying a little herself as she felt she shared human experience of a Springsteen concert.
Allie picked out a shirt (The Born to Run shirt with Bruce resting on Clarence) and we changed in the bathroom.
I wore the shirt from my first Springsteen concert and she wore the shirt from hers!

...I am thankful for Bruce saying, "As children we fear ghosts, but when we get older we realize that the people who have gone walk beside us and they somehow manage to still inform our lives."  It was something I NEEDED to hear.
Amazing!

...I am thankful to have grown up in the same state that Bruce grew up in, to have family here and to know so many people who really know him in real life...it makes him that much more "normal" and regular and just a person.

...Jason going fishing last weekend, having guy time alone for the weekend and filling our cellar freezer with albacore!

...awesome friends who have our back.  Seriously.  We have been blessed by amazing friends!

...apple picking!!  And the most delicious apple I have ever eaten in my life.  I am a little embarrassed to admit that I had never gone apple picking!  I figured I could buy apples in the store.  A friend invited us a long and it seemed like a fun adventure...now I am hooked on fresh-picked apples!!  Such a difference from the store-bought kind that were picked who-knows-when.

...having had the courage to slow down and simplify our lives.  It has made such a difference!

What are you thankful for this week?
Grab a button & link up!