Thursday, December 27, 2012

Peace and Joy and Family


Cartier, Manhattan












I just wanted to get through this Christmas, because I knew it was going to be difficult without my uncle.  But in the end, it was a beautiful celebration of family and good friends.  There was peace and joy, love and laughter, happiness and merriment, gratitude and just plain old fun.  We attended the Candlelight Service at church as a family, which always puts me in a good mood and then headed to my parents' house to eat seven fish in Sicilian tradition.  We opened gifts and enjoyed each other's company.  On Christmas morning, Jason made us our traditional holiday breakfast of sticky buns, we opened the gifts that Santa brought and then headed out to see a re-enactment of George Washington crossing the Delaware, then we thought we would go to my father-in-law's but he and my brother-in-law had other plans, so we will see them soon and celebrate with them then.