Friday, July 12, 2013

July 4th, 2013

I love the lake.
I love the boat parade for the 4th of July.

But the best part are the people.

We have friends that live a few houses down the lake.
We only get to see them a few times a year, but someday we will all retire at the lake and be all up in each other's grills when we are toothless with canes and walkers.

'Til then...we are reunited and it feels so good...just a few times a year!
Tara and I both like to have fun.  We both have a tendency to burst into song for no reason than we thought of a song.  We can also spend hours walking and kayaking and sharing our hearts.
Toot and Puddle ;-)
 These two just love to bust on each other.
They are both amazing fathers and great husbands who always put their families first.

Two goofballs
We had a blast getting ready for the boat parade and getting our inner Gene Simmons on!

Such dorks

patriotic kids

The BEST boat ;-)


Allie and my mom have always had a really special relationship.  
Allie really misses my mom when she is at the lake, so they spent lots of time bonding together.
Allie + My Mom

 I LOVE these people!
non-stop fun




Food + Fun
Tara LOVES my dad's cucumber salad and gets a little sad when it's all gone ;-)
There was only one Foster's Oil Can and Tara offered to share it with Jason...
Dorks!

Just after dinner we had a rainstorm, so we all crowded in the house for dessert and then came out to this beauty that my awesome hubby was able to capture with his camera...


Rainbows on the 4th of July
And then, when it got dark...there was this...fireworks over the lake...a beautiful ending to a beautiful day!