Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Minted Holidays

Last year our family did not send out holiday cards, instead we donated the money we would have spent on holiday cards to Hurricane Sandy Relief.  And while that felt good, I missed sending out cards.

Since Allie was born in November 1999, I have ALWAYS created a photo card.  I love, love, love either selecting a photo or photos from ones we took throughout the year, OR having a photo shoot with the girls.  

I love Christmas.  I am like a little kid.  I like to be all done shopping by Thanksgiving.  We all get new special outfits to wear for holidays and I like to have that done for our family photo shoot. Our family tradition is to decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving and to have a family photo shoot that Saturday.  

This year we are getting our holiday cards from Minted.  I love their selection.  Many of the cards have color choices, so if you like a certain design, but maybe it doesn't quite go with your photo, you can change the color scheme to look better with your photo!

I love the simplicity of the designs at the Minted site.

I played around with uploading photos and designing cards and it was really simple and straightforward!  I can't wait to get our Minted holiday cards.

Here are some of my favorite designs:





If you didn't want to do a photo card, Minted has great options for non-photo cards:


One of the many things I love about Minted is that they allow you to personalize the design of the card.  Here is the same card as above, but with a different shape and colors:



One of my favorite things about Minted is that they are a creative community, they have challenges where regular people, like you and I, enter their designs and get to see their card offered on a website and know that their design is making people's holidays bright--what a great feeling that must be!