Sunday, March 9, 2014

Menu for the Week

Every year at the end of summer, I get excited for fall cooking...soups and stews and hearty breads.

Then, as in now, I get tired of all those soups and stews and can't wait for spring and summer cooking--lighter fare, salads and sandwiches, lots of greens and grilled food.

I am in a food rut.  I feel like I keep making some variation of the same thing over and over again and while we love lentil soup and Warm Spinach Salad with Fried Egg and Potatoes and chili  and white bean soup with kale and potatoes, we are getting tired of eating these things.

This weekend, we went to Trader Joe's and I bought several different vegetables and things to try and get some interest going in cooking again.

Monday - Baby bok choy, asparagus and tofu stir fry; brown rice (I use Cooks Illustrated recipes for stir fry sauces and they are all wonderful!)
Tuesday - Sauteed shaved brussels sprouts, French green le puy lentils (there are a few recipes, I have not decided on one yet)
Wednesday - Hummus, avocado and sprout sandwiches on Ezekiel bread; Terra Basil Thai chips
Thursday - Jason out of town --girls and I will go out for dinner!
Friday - Piper's sleepover---BBQ: burgers (veggie for me)**, homemade french fries or potato salad, carrot sticks and dip
Saturday & Sunday - Jason cooks meat for he and the girls and I eat salad :) **

**I am a vegetarian, Jason and the girls are not.  Jason cooks elaborate meals with meat on weekends and usually one night during the week either Jason or Allie prepares a meat-based dish.  We eat vegetarian meals the other 4 nights.