Saturday, June 19, 2010

An Excellent Saturday

Jason had to work today.  The girls woke up before I did, and when I woke up, I lay in bed listening to them play with their dollhouses.  They love their dollhouses.  I had always wanted to get them real, wooden dollhouses, but when P was 2, I found a FisherPrice dollhouse on sale for $25 just after Christmas and I got it and hung on to it until her birthday in March.  Over the years, we have collected baskets and baskets worth of furniture and people and vehicles for the dollhouse.  One year, Santa even brought another doll house so that they could be neighbors and each have their own house.  I love listening to them play, pretending to be neighbors with children, husbands, decorating issues.


It was one of those days where I just puttered around, didn't get much of anything done.  I finally found time to put this over our bed:



I painted our bedroom last summer and had been searching for some sort of quote to put over our bed.  I had considered stenciling it, but I got the idea when I saw the wall quotes at the craft store, but I wanted something a little different, so after months of searching etsy, I found this and I really like it.  It sums up how we feel about life.  We believe in miracles.  We believe in positive energy.  We believe in love.

Jason decided that he wants to go to the Rutgers Gardens tomorrow and to eat at a restaurant in New Brunswick that we all love but don't get to very often.  So, the girls and I decided to make one of his favorite dinners tonight:  chicken parmigiana, eggplant gratin and noodles with olive oil, garlic and parmesan.




Now the girls are reading at the foot of my bed, as I lay in bed blogging,


It was a good day.  A very good day.