Monday, August 9, 2010

Complying with School Regs

I got up early this morning and went to A's school and complied with their paperwork requirements.  They told me how sweet she was and what a kind, smart girl she was.  They shared stories with me that I have never heard and that they never would have shared with me had I not been signing her out of school.  I asked them why and they said, "What do you mean?"  So, I said, "Why has no one told me the stories until now?"  And they said, "Well, I guess there was not the opportunity."  I know it sounds cold, but I told them that maybe they should make the time, that parents want to hear GOOD things about their children and that, maybe, just maybe that would have made the difference to a parent or a child at some point.  They pondered it.  But I am sure it is one of those things where they don't want to give the parents and/or the child a big head or something.  They ended by telling me that A would be missed.

The whole thing took less than 5 minutes and I am SOOOO glad it is over!!