Thursday, October 28, 2010

Honored & Touched

When I began writing this blog, I really didn't even know if anyone would read it!  So, when I am honored with blog awards...it just really blows me away!  Thank you so much!!  I really, really appreciate it!!  I am so touched that Becky C. at A Country Classroom has picked me as a recipient of this award!  Becky was a teacher for 13 years before decided to bring her three children home to learn.  Her girls are avid soccer players, she and her family have a mini-farm and she has an awesome decorating blog, Buckets of Burlap as well as her homeschool blog!
I have been honored with a Versatile Blogger Award, the rules of which are that I have to tell you seven things about myself:

1.  This is our first year homeschooling and WE LOVE IT!!!  Our only regret is not doing it sooner!

2.  I love fall!  I love making stews and soups, baking bread, and drinking hot tea on cold nights.  I love the vibrant colors of the leaves and the spicy smell of the leaves drying.  I love anticipating the holiday season.  I love baking and snuggling under a wool blanket, cozy and warm and reading to myself or my children while something yummy bakes in my oven and the wind howls outside.

3.  I love to read fiction.  I swore that I would not give it up when I started homeschooling and at night, before I go to sleep, I make a point of reading something I want to read.  I save the curriculum books and previewing the girls books for daytime, nighttime is my time.

4.  I practice yoga.  I can not say enough how awesome yoga is.  When I am stressed or just out of sorts, a half hour or so of yoga puts me right back in line.

5.  I am frugal almost to a fault.  When I go to the supermarket, I only buy what is on sale and then store it in the pantry or upright freezer in the basement until we need it, by only buying what is on sale, I always have what we need at hand and never have to go shopping.  I only feel good about buying stuff if I am getting a deal or using a coupon.

6.  I lost track of how many times I have seen Bruce Springsteen in concert.  I know it's way into the double digits.  My favorite line is: "For the ones who had a notion/ a notion deep inside/ that it ain't no sin to be glad your alive".  Ah, the Catholic school guilt!

7.  I wish my family was like the family on that show "Parenthood".  I wish we all got along and got together for dinner and helped each other out and were tangled up in each other's lives.  I'm grateful for my relationship with my parents, my grandmother, my aunt and my uncle.