Friday, March 18, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week...
I got a Prius!  I got a Prius!  I got a Prius!
I don't mean to brag...but I am soooooooo EXCITED!!
We put over 200 miles on it already and only used 3 gallons of gas!!!


It was a crazy busy week.  It seemed that every organization I volunteer for was requesting something this week, but I like to give back and I think it is an important example to set for my girls :)


In our homeschool this week...
We studied the myths "Bellerophon and the Pegasus" & "Arachne and the Weaving Contest".  We are LOVING our Lit Pockets!!  The girls are getting so much out of them and remember all of the myths and the lessons in the myths we have studied so far.  We completed our chapters on the Greeks in Story of the World.  


We did math every day.


We grew these cool crystals with a Smithsonian Crystal Growing Kit that one of P's friends gave her for her birthday and we learned all about the world of crystals.


Jason has been doing Science with the girls, so I keep forgetting to update that.  They are currently reading a biography of Isaac Newton and implementing various experiments that Jason researches.  Love that man!!!  <3


We learned about Compound Prepositional Objects and Compound Verbs in grammar.


The girls also began reading their books for coop, which we start again on Monday!


Places we're going and people we're seeing...
The girls went to choir and had physicals for soccer and hung out at the library.  They had more sewing lessons with my mom.  
We are looking forward to another Ten and UP Park Date this afternoon! (It is a sunny 70 degrees here today!!!!!!)

My favorite thing this week was...
Buying the Prius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's working/not working for us...
This time change!!  My girls are getting up LATE!!  

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
We are REALLY loving the Lit Pockets and so, so thankful to our friend Karen at Homeschool Girls for turning us on to them.  This week, we wove our own fabric on handmade looms and made a spider web from yarn and construction paper!


This weekend I am looking forward to...
Meeting up with some of my high school friends at a country western themed place with a mechanical bull tonight!  
Heading out to a local Greek restaurant to celebrate finishing our unit on Ancient Greece tomorrow night!
Church and relaxing with the family on Sunday - the last few weeks have been crazy busy and I just want to chill!!!!


We are taking Spring Break next week -  WOOT! WOOT!


A photo, video, link, or quote to share...




The Homeschool Mother's Journal