Monday, July 18, 2011

The Lake

When I was a little girl, my parents dreamed of owning a farm.

Every weekend, they would drag my brother and I to look at farms that were for sale.

Then, I think the reality of the work involved set in.

So, they changed their focus to building a log home.

We looked at land and models.

But, my dad always loved to fish.  It's in his blood.  My grandfather always fished.  My uncles fish.

My parents dream changed from a log home to a home on a lake, which they purchased several years ago when they both retired.

Our family is so blessed to have this beautiful place to go to for relaxation and rejuvenation.

photo courtesy of my friend TR who took this fab photo ;-)
My girls love to go to the lake.

They say it is their favorite place on Earth.

When asked where they want to go on vacation...inevitably, the lake wins.

My girls have always been really close to my parents (as are Jason and I).

My parents are special people.  A blessing.

We miss them now that they live at the lake 6-7 months a year.

Their house is right on the water.

The girls can swim while Jason and I enjoy cocktails on the deck.

We can do the whole relaxing in the water with a cocktail thing.

We have plenty of time for watersports.

The food is really good:
 We LOVE raw peas!  
We have been eating them that way since we were kids and my parents had a HUMONGOUS garden!! These were grown at a farm just down the road from the lakehouse :)

It's quite beautiful at the lake:


We try to spend as much time as possible each summer just soaking in the beauty and blessing of the lake!