Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Opposites Attract

I am not a huge fan of Cracker Barrel.

It's just not for me.

I don't eat that kind of food.

Biscuits, gravy, lots of butter... not my style.

But...every time we head to the lake, I make a concession.

Because that's just the kind of wife that I am. {giving, love, kind & awesome. lol.}

It's our family ritual, our routine, to always stop at Cracker Barrel on the way to the lake.

Because my husband LOVES Cracker Barrel.  I mean, the man starts drooling days in advance.  He goes on line and checks the options.  He dreams of biscuits and gravy, melted butter pooling in his grits, eggs and toast points, lots of meat options...

Jason LOVES that down home country cooking.

To be honest, in the last few years, I have been very happy to have found this on the Cracker Barrel menu: a blueberry muffin, granola and yogurt & fruit parfait.  This is my style.


This, on the other hand, is my husband's style:
Yes, this is just ONE person's breakfast.
You've got your biscuits & gravy, your grits, your hash browns, your fried chicken and your eggs.
and one very happy man.

I am real thankful that they have skim milk for my coffee:)

The hubs, you know, would be happy with heavy cream ;-)